Posts Tagged ‘episode 3’
I’m delighted to announce that Episode 3 of Forumwarz will be released on January 20th.
This is by far our biggest Episode yet, and the amount of work it’s taken to get to this point is staggering. It would have never been possible without the hard work of dozens of people, so I’d like to extend my thanks to everyone who has helped getting us this far!
buildrs will be suspended
I’ve been thinking about it recently, and one of the hardest parts of pushing out a new episode is the merging of buildr content with the new episode’s content. In order to make this easier, we’re going to suspend the buildrs until we launch on the 20th. By doing this, I can merge the data in advance, and it should make the launching effort a lot easier. The benefit is that everyone will get to play the game earlier, we’ll have less downtime and I should be less tired on launch day to fix any issues that may pop up!
I’m sure the inconvenience will be worth it!
See you on the 20th
I’m delighted to announce that yesterday we launched the beta of Episode 3. Don’t be dissapointed if you didn’t get an invite! We only had a limited amount of slots available and we filled them up quickly. We will be running a second beta round once the initial bugs are sorted out, and then we’ll be launching the game in January!
Last year, pre-orders of Episode 2 were successful, so we’ve brought them back. For the measly price of 100 Brownie Points (about $10), you can snag a copy of Episode 3, as well as a Free E-Peen(tm)!. Note: that all characters attached to your account will get the peen, so it’s a good way to bump up your penile length in one fell swoop.
Want more Episode 3 news?
You might want to check out the Episode 3 Minor Spoilers thread on Flamebate. I’ve been updating it about once a day and will continue to do so as long as I can think of minor spoilery fun
When Episode 3 of Forumwarz launches, there will be hundreds of new items available for players to obtain, trade and use to their advantage. Since we’ve covered the basics of Episodes 1 and 2 with itembuildr already, we’re going to hijack itembuildr for a while to create Episode 3 content.
The content you guys create will exist when Episode 3 launches in addition to the hundreds of items we’ve created internally, so there will be plenty of new shopping opportunities.
This is how it’ll work:
- The stats of items will be hidden. We will assign them later.
- All winners will get a special Episode 3 item contributor E-Peen(tm)
- The winners will also get an IOU for the item once Episode 3 launches. These IOUs can be traded via Kyoubai in the meantime, so it’s a great way to earn extra Flezz.
You can start building Episode 3 items right now! Have fun!
It’s been a while since our last post. That’s mostly because a) we now have a Twitter feed for everything we do and b) we’ve all been up to our asses in work — to serve you better.
Nevertheless, I’m sick of my seeing that same stupid Zunecast post of mine! So, here’s an extremely vague and unsatisfying meta-update for those of you curious as to what’s happening with your seventh-favorite browser-based Internet culture RPG and Twilight fang-fiction repository (see what we did there?).
- The Apprentice thing is moving along nicely. About half the original team picked for the Apprentice has been fired or downgraded to Auditor status, keeping the creative team small, tight and shaved. To keep things tasteful, we’ll keep the details behind the scenes. But your remaining Apprentices are: Bashy, blahquabats, crayoncakes, kraigu, PhineasPoe, plk and Shii. A hearty congrats to them all for making it this far.
- You know The Secret Thing that Invariel was hired to work on? That’s also coming along well. He recently ran his first testing thingy on the codesy stuff [NOTE TO SELF: FILL IN TECHNICAL DETAILS LATER] and it actually worked! He’s also been knighted an official Crotch Zombie recently, noticeably lengthening his E-Peen™. Kneel before him in shame and arousal.
- Meanwhile, Evil Trout is busy working on the gameplay tuneup, which many of you are already involved in. Basically, without blogging you down with details (see what we…aw, fuck it), it’s going to change the way you pwn forums forever. And as far as we can tell, it’s not completely broken (yet)!
- Contrary to popular belief, BINGEBOT 2015 is not dead. He’s alive and kicking and healthier than ever, now that he’s taken Auser’s advice and gone on Atkins. He’s got an overhaul plan for Domination in the works, but we’re putting it on hold until the gameplay revision and Episode 3 are ready to roll.
- Finally, with all this stuff going on, here’s another one: Crotch Zombie is going to release a hip, new iPhone application soon! Because you haven’t pressed “1, 2, 2, 1” until you’ve done it on a touchscreen.
Until next time!
Jalapeno Bootyhole is looking for a summer intern: a brilliant, talented wordsmith whom he can mold into the next great writer of online parody role-playing games — a very in-demand career choice, we might add.
Does this sound appealing? Check out the ridiculously long application on our Flamebate boards and then decide if it’s right for you!
This could be a fantastic opportunity and a chance to help make Episode 3 even more awesome than we assume it will be. Good luck to all applicants!