Posts Tagged ‘updates’
We’re delighted to announce that Kyoubai, the official Forumwarz auction house, is live!
To celebrate its birth, we’ve seeded it with two special auctions. Note that for the following links to work, you must have a bookmark to Kyoubai. The quest begins around level 5. All players who meet the criteria for Kyoubai should have a tubmail that opens up system.
Wireless Headset – Currently the most powerful item in the game.
Custom E-Peen(tm) Voucher – Whomever wins this auction will have the ability to create a custom E-Peen(tm).
As always, we’re looking for feedback to improve this product over time. Give it a whirl and let us know what you think.
We’re getting pretty close to launching our first major feature since Episode 2 was introduced back in October. It’s called Kyoubai, and it’s an auction house that allows player to auction their items to each other for Flezz.
The mascot of Kyoubai will be BidSquid (a cartoon squid with a cowboy hat and a gavel). He’ll be the one who corresponds with you when you are outbid or when you win an auction. He’s going to be designed by the talented artists at Dooomcat. They’re the ones who designed the awesome homepage for Forumwarz, as well as the player class portraits you get when choosing your class.
How the auction house will work:
- You can select virtually any unequipped item from your inventory and put it up for auction.
- You set the starting price, as well as a length of time to run your auction (12, 24 or 72 hours).
- Optionally, you can set a buyout price or a reserve price.
- The auction house will charge you a listing fee based on the parameters of your auction. Generally speaking: the longer the auction, the higher the fee.
- Other players can then bid on items. There is a minimum bid amount based on the current bid on an item. However, you can choose a maximum bid that is much higher than the minimum. In this case, your maximum price remains hidden, but you will automatically outbid any bids that are less than your maximum.
- At the end of the auction, the highest bidder wins the item. If the item does not sell, it is returned via tubmail.
New Items to Trade
- We plan to introduce new and rare items via the auction house. So keep an eye on it from time to time to see if there’s something you’ve never seen before. You’ll never know what you might find.
- We are going to be introducing more rare .MOAR files soon. For those with lots of excess flezz but no patience to grind for Pink Floyd type of files, the auction house will be a great tool!
- We are planning to introduce ItemBuildr in the future, as a way to get a constant feed of new and awesome items into the economy.
When’s it coming out? What’s next on the Forumwarz agenda?
Most of the coding is done. We are mainly waiting on the artwork. If things go well, it will launch by the end of the week. If not, next week for sure!
Afterwards, we’re going to focus on enhancing Forumwarz Domination. There are plenty of discussions going on in the Domination Forum, and we plan to go a long way to address the major issues as well as to make Domination much more fun and open to all players.
I pushed out a few enhancements to the job board today. Most are to address confusion players get when they beat a forum and don’t get paid for the jobs they complete. Usually what happens is people don’t know a time limit is attached to a job, or how long it took them to complete it.
So now, if you have a job when you enter a forum, you’ll get instructions in the top orange status bar:
Also, if the job has a time limit, you get a countdown clock after you perform your first attack:
And then, you’ll get a more detailed update in your newsfeed if you complete or fail the job:
Previously, everyone’s E-Peen(tm) length was relative to the leader. What this meant was that there was one user with a 13″ peen, and everyone else’s scores would be scaled against it. It was good on paper, but people hated it. There were multiple discussions about how bad it was, so yesterday I changed it.
In the new system, each E-Peen(tm) you earned contributes to a potentially unlimited length. It will never go down.
Unfortunately, people hated the scale of the new system. It meant their 8″ peens went down to 3″. This was to be expected, but after a few suggestions I changed it so that everyone starts with a minimum length of 3″, and then people were pretty happy!
I went to bed, then woke up and realized the rollover code still had the old calculation, and everyone had 3″ chopped off again. I just fixed it.
So yes, going forward: Your E-Peen(tm) has no limit to its potential length. It will never shrink, only grow.
Effective immediately, we’ve changed the prices for several items in the “Buy Stuff” area of the site:
- The Game Dolphin is now 3 Brownie Points instead of 4
- Changing a Domination Team Name now costs 1 Brownie Point instead of 2
- Lottery Winner has been split up into three levels (worth 1BP, 2BP and 3BP respectively.) The levels assign 250k Flezz, 1M Flezz and 5M Flezz.
Note that if you recently bought a Lottery Winner, we’d be willing to give you extra Flezz if you contact one of the admins, since they now give much more bang for your buck.
This week’s Forum Build is Cosplay Central:
Do your friends not understand your need to wear a kimono everywhere you go? Are you mocked for wearing cat ears to school? Come to Cosplay Central, where you’re not alone! Discuss the finer points of wearing pleather, how to make realistic-looking swords out of cardboard, and what fishnets go best with crossplay!
(It’s also our first Level 35 forum — Good luck guys!)
Next week’s build will be The Extremely Specific Fetish Emporium:
Always wanted to see a 57 year old stung by a bee while singing yankee doodle? Get turned on by the letter M written on a palm where the ring finger’s been cut off above the first joint? Keen on yodeling Thai ladyboys wearing spandex togas? Well, the Extremely Specific Fetish Emporium is here to help! Make your request! Help someone else out with their request! Or just get grossed out by how kinky the rest of the world is! Remember, thanks to us, you’re not alone!™
It’s been a while since we’ve had a major update here, but we thought we should hip you to some of the upcoming improvements intended for Forumwarz.
A couple weeks ago, the Crotch Zombies went through the long and occassionally painful process of prioritizing all of our suggestions for fixes and improvements. We now have a nicely sorted list, and now it’s just a matter of slogging through them.
Some of them will be really big and cool, but for the next little while we’re going to push some of the simpler, bite-size fixes that people have long been asking for. For instance, you can soon expect to see:
- The ability to be notified by Tubmail when you’ve been pranked
- A “Tubmail user about this post” link in Flamebate
- Upon being pranked, seeing a link to the pranker’s profile right then and there
- Search improvements to Flamebate, such as being able to sort by date (!)
- An “ignore user” feature on IDC (sorry Hobart, that ability never did exist for admins, I was just screwing with you)
These fixes may seem somewhat obvious, but when you’re building a site as large and feature-rich as ours, they sometimes get overlooked! So as we focus on these community enhancements, you should gradually see a stream of improvements to the community aspect of Forumwarz, which we consider essential. We’re continually trying to improve the experience for our players, and that’s The Difference Between Forumwarz and All Those Other Crappy Web-Based RPGs™.
Oh, and there’s also a gang-bang of Domination, Forumbuildr and Leaderboard improvements on the horizon. So look out for them! (No seriously, look out for them, they’re really big and they’re right behind you…oh god, look out look out oh shi–!)
It might be a level 1 forum, but don’t let that fool you about its hilarious content. Our latest forum build is Society for Creative Historical Revisionism:
Wouldn’t it be awesome if the Vikings rode dinosaurs into battle against Stalin’s werewolf army? Sadly, mainstream history doesn’t allow for these kinds of facts. Historians use fuzzy methods of research and “facts” that give us the dull stupid truth. Books tell us Anne Frank didn’t win the Minnesota Iron Man competition three years straight and that Ghandi wasn’t actually Mata Hari. Well, we here at SCHR don’t believe those books…because we believe books were never invented. Join us today.
Tonight I deployed a change to the way streaks were being handled in the database. It’s quite simple now compared to the way it used to be:
- By pwning different forums in a row, you increase your streak
- If you repeat a forum, the streak resets
- If you do not complete a forum (die, chicken out, whatever), your streak resets.
Every 4 forums you pwn, you will be rewarded with an E-Peen(tm) and pistachio scoops.
Now I did my best job migrating all the old streaks over to the new system. However, there may be some speed bumps at first, as streaks that worked before no longer might work with the new system. Also, it’s always possible I’ve introduced new bugs.
If your streak breaks, please report it as a bug using the report a bug tool. I have the capability of fixing your streak, so it is not a permanent loss!
The important thing is to report anything fishy so we can figure it out. Having said that, I looked through the top players and it seems to match up perfectly. Here is a list of the top streakers, in case anyone is interested.
This week’s forum build is special in that it’s the first one that has been published automatically! (Okay, I held its hand a little, but it was done with no manual settings.). It’s also hilarious, and you should check it out:
Need to know where to find the best porn on the internet? Need a good torrent? Or would you like to find the closest adult store to your basement? Our trained guides at FapQuest can direct you to any of these places, whether it be on the internet or not!
It’s also our first forum to ever feature user designed topic icons. I like this one because it’s practically NSFW:
Next week’s build will be Society For Creative Historical Revisionism!