Posts Tagged ‘release’
I’m delighted to announce that after months of development, we’re going to launch the new gameplay enhancements on September 10th.
Addtionally, the new gameplay features will also herald a new Domination season!. We due for a new season, and since things are changing so much we figured it would be better to not mess with the existing medals and winners too much.
Important Launch Notes
The migrations for the new gameplay changes are HUGE. The database has to change in about 20 different ways, some of which could take hours to process. So rather than do our typical “The site should be down for a few hours” thing, we’ve scheduled a full 24 hours of downtime. This will happen directly following the ending of the current domination round, at 9:30PM EST on September 9th. So we can expect the site will be up by 9:30PM on September 10th.
The road to Episode 3
We haven’t talked about it much, but Episode 3 has been under heavy development for months. I’m really happy with the progress the writers have made. Following the gameplay update, the integration of Episode 3 will be my primary development focus, so you’ll be hearing more about the cool things ahead.
Until then, I’m hoping these new gameplay enhancements will keep everyone busy, and keep the game feeling fresh.
Thanks again to all the testers, apprentices and regular users who provided feedback to help get this release out the door!
So after many many months of work, we’re delighted to announce that Forumwarz Episode 2 will be released on October 15th.
People who purchase Episode 2 will get:
- A hilarious new storyline
- 21 new forums to pwn
- Brand new stores with shiny new equipment and consumables
- Many conversations with new and existing NPCs
- New and exciting puzzles, quests
- Class-specific missions
- A long and detailed text adventure game from flamebate superstar BirdOfPrey
- Boss battles
- A cool new way to interact with NPCs
- A new avatar for the character of your choice
All players will get:
- The job board (our random quest generator)
- Access to two new player classes (Hacker and Permanoob)
- A new level cap of 35
- New character upgrades
- Brand new junk items designed by our community
- A cool new unannounced gameplay feature
You asked for it, and we delivered it!
You can pre-order Episode 2 now for 7 brownie points. If you pre-order, you will get a special E-Peen(tm) that will only be available until Episode 2 is released.