Posts Tagged ‘job board’
I pushed out a few enhancements to the job board today. Most are to address confusion players get when they beat a forum and don’t get paid for the jobs they complete. Usually what happens is people don’t know a time limit is attached to a job, or how long it took them to complete it.
So now, if you have a job when you enter a forum, you’ll get instructions in the top orange status bar:
Also, if the job has a time limit, you get a countdown clock after you perform your first attack:
And then, you’ll get a more detailed update in your newsfeed if you complete or fail the job:
It’s been a while since I wrote about Episode 2 stuff on the blog, even though I am spending the majority of my time these days working on it.
One thing other RPGs have established is that grinding to level up your character feels a lot less like grinding when there is an objective just on the horizon. Right now, thanks to the community forums, there are more than enough forums to visit and pwn in Episode 1. However, besides levelling up your character or earning Flezz, there is little reason to visit them.
For Episode 2, we’ve constructed a job board interface. As with anything else I’m posting about Episode 2 it’s subject to change, but here’s the gist of it:
- New jobs are generated by the server for your character every day, based on your character’s attributes.
- The board will only use the community forums. The idea is to drive traffic to all those places you guys put so much work into!
- Like in the real world, some jobs pay better than others. It is up to you to pick the best jobs given your forum visits.
- Some examples of jobs: Pwn a forum, speed run a forum, deploy scripts to forum, and other new episode2 specific things we haven’t announced yet!
- Once you take on a job, you have 60 minutes to complete it to get the reward (right now they’re all flezz, but in the future they will probably give items too).
- Jobs also have a reward in job points. As you earn more job points, you get promoted and climb the corporate ladder!
The idea is that if you want to level up your character, you might as well get a rewards for it besides the deliveries you get overnight.
I demoed the interface at our Crotch Zombie meeting last night and everyone loved it!