Posts Tagged ‘domination’
We’re getting pretty close to launching our first major feature since Episode 2 was introduced back in October. It’s called Kyoubai, and it’s an auction house that allows player to auction their items to each other for Flezz.
The mascot of Kyoubai will be BidSquid (a cartoon squid with a cowboy hat and a gavel). He’ll be the one who corresponds with you when you are outbid or when you win an auction. He’s going to be designed by the talented artists at Dooomcat. They’re the ones who designed the awesome homepage for Forumwarz, as well as the player class portraits you get when choosing your class.
How the auction house will work:
- You can select virtually any unequipped item from your inventory and put it up for auction.
- You set the starting price, as well as a length of time to run your auction (12, 24 or 72 hours).
- Optionally, you can set a buyout price or a reserve price.
- The auction house will charge you a listing fee based on the parameters of your auction. Generally speaking: the longer the auction, the higher the fee.
- Other players can then bid on items. There is a minimum bid amount based on the current bid on an item. However, you can choose a maximum bid that is much higher than the minimum. In this case, your maximum price remains hidden, but you will automatically outbid any bids that are less than your maximum.
- At the end of the auction, the highest bidder wins the item. If the item does not sell, it is returned via tubmail.
New Items to Trade
- We plan to introduce new and rare items via the auction house. So keep an eye on it from time to time to see if there’s something you’ve never seen before. You’ll never know what you might find.
- We are going to be introducing more rare .MOAR files soon. For those with lots of excess flezz but no patience to grind for Pink Floyd type of files, the auction house will be a great tool!
- We are planning to introduce ItemBuildr in the future, as a way to get a constant feed of new and awesome items into the economy.
When’s it coming out? What’s next on the Forumwarz agenda?
Most of the coding is done. We are mainly waiting on the artwork. If things go well, it will launch by the end of the week. If not, next week for sure!
Afterwards, we’re going to focus on enhancing Forumwarz Domination. There are plenty of discussions going on in the Domination Forum, and we plan to go a long way to address the major issues as well as to make Domination much more fun and open to all players.
Season 3 is in its second week, so we thought we’d get things rolling with a bang! Welcome to DOMINATION: RUSSIAN ROULETTE.
The Domination round that starts tonight will end at a random time next Wednesday!
Have fun and play nice!
With the Lemon Scoop Fix in place, and Episode 2 running and stable…
Season 3 will begin tonight at 9pm EST
Stay tuned for more great Themes in Season 3.
Thanks and happy pwning!
Have fun and play nice!
We’re only one week away from the Launch of Forumwarz Episode 2!
Here are some very important things you should know (even if you haven’t purchased Episode 2):
Most game statistics have been changed and tuned
This is in the best interests of keeping the game smooth and challenging, as well as balancing between the various player classes.
Many things are weaker, many are stronger. Changes have been made to pretty much every attack, item and upgrade in the game. In fact, you’ll find that the new system includes many more upgrades for the same amount of upgrade points, (although they are weaker.)
As a result of this, everyone will begin with all their upgrades reset, and their equipment unequipped. The first thing you will have to do when you start playing is re-build your character (unless of course you’re starting from scratch.). This means taking your time to use the upgrade interface to create a new build, and putting back on your equipment.
If you are unsure as to what makes a good build in the Episode 2 universe, don’t worry, HaxlRose will allow you to refresh your stats for free once every 4 days.
We have to take the server down for the upgrade
On October 15th at approximately 7AM EST Forumwarz will be taken down. When the server comes back up, Forumwarz Episode 2 will be live.
We are also using this opportunity to do some major cleanup of old files and data, as well as moving to a brand new server. For those keeping count, this will be our third infrastructure change in a year (and that’s not even counting RAM upgrades). We’re anticipating lots of activity around the Episode 2 launch, and we want to do our best to make sure things stay up and are smooth.
Domination is going to end a day early
Because the server needs to be taken down for the upgrade, and we happen to be launching on a Wednesday, we’ve decided to end Domination at 9PM EST on Tuesday night instead.
A New Domination Theme
This week we’re doing a trial run of awarding chocolate scoops from INCIT. We call this The INCIT Scoop!
We have decided to make a bunch of other changes to Domination this week as well, following feedback from the community and the results of previous theme weeks
Other New Domination Changes
You can now only hold 30 Domination Cards at once.
Medals are not awarded in the event of a tie.
You will receive 8 Vanilla scoops instead of 1 when you pwn 4 forums as a solo player.
The same account cannot have multiple characters taking part in the same raid.
Asshole cards can be used any time and removes 6 (instead of 10) scoops from the top player.
Bugfix: When a raid group pwns 12 forums, raid group members have to beat forums not already owned by anyone in their raid group in order to get subsequent scoops.
For more discussion on these changes, check out BingeBot’s thread.
Another New Domination Theme!
Tonight we’re starting a new Domination Theme: Clash of the Titans. It will begin at 9:30PM EDT when the new Domination week begins.
The details are in this cool thread on Flamebate.
We now have support for Temporary Bans. For small violations, you can now be banned for a specific period of time. After the period elapses, your ban will be lifted automatically.
I started a new thread about bans and illegal multis in Game Discussion, since there’s been a lot of confusion about it lately.
This week we’re running a new theme in Forumwarz Domination called Five Finger Discount:
It has two differences:
- If you Dominate 4 forums on your own, you will receive a reward of 5 vanilla scoops (it is normally 1).
- There are no shield cards in circulation.
The first change is designed to encourage more people to try and solo domination, since the reward is so high.
The second change makes it impossible to hoard shield cards, and should mean everyone is on an open playing field to get screwed over.
Also a couple of small updates:
- There are now stats at the bottom of Flamebate’s main page showing you current activity
- The “Unique Forums” pwned count on your Forum Visits history now matches the one used to allocate Pistachio scoops.
Forumwarz: Domination Fiesta
Our next Forumwarz Domination round will be a Domination Fiesta!
Scoops will still be earned for the same activities, only you will receive them in random flavas instead of what you earned. There’s more about it in this thread from BINGEBOT 2015.
ForumBuildr v2.0 BETA forums are now listed on your bookmarks tab, underneath the Community sub-tab.
The ForumBuildr v2.0 Beta list has been shortened to the previous 5 forums.
So on Wednesday night, Forumwarz Domination: Season 1 ended. Click the link for the final rankings.
Congratulations to all the winners!
I wanted to remind everyone that this is our last round of Domination for the season. Everyone playing this week will receive double medals on their final scores.
Afterwards, Domination wil be reset and everyone will be on a level playing field. So make this last round count!