Episode 3 is Live!
Thanks to the grand efforts of our Beta team, Episode 3 launched today with very few issues. I’m watching the server right now and many people are playing through the new content!
As I’ve said before, this episode is really important. Releasing it means that we’ve followed through on initial plan. If you check out the updated credits page, you’ll see that we were only able to do this with the help of many other talented individuals! I thanked them yesterday, but I’m going to do it again.
What’s new in Episode 3
- The conclusion of the storyline that begun in Episode 1
- All new attacks, forums, characters, cinematics and mini games: in fact, there’s more content than Episode 1 and 2 combined
- Enhancements to our user interface: there’s dozens of tweaks included in this release
- More moral choices, and different content depending on your alignment
- Multiple endings, depending on your choices.
- Several major storyline branches that you can complete independently of each other.
We’ve also launched a trial of Forumwarz Orange(tm), which is an enhanced interface geared towards power users of the site. All users who have reached the end of Episode 1 will receive a Tubmail inviting them in and explaining what’s available. The interface is free right now, but we plan to charge for it in the future once we figure out a fair price and gather user feedback on the new tools.
The Shit Hit The Fan: A disgusting bonus game
If you’re not busy playing Episode 3, you might want to head over to Kongregate to try out The Shit Hit The Fan. It’s a filthy mini game that occurs right near the beginning of Episode 3, but we’ve decided to release to the public for fun. Don’t worry about spoilers: the game reveals almost nothing of the Forumwarz storyline.
Thanks so much to all our users for being so supportive! The game is better because of all of you!