What’s coming up for Forumwarz?
It’s been a while since we’ve had a major update here, but we thought we should hip you to some of the upcoming improvements intended for Forumwarz.
A couple weeks ago, the Crotch Zombies went through the long and occassionally painful process of prioritizing all of our suggestions for fixes and improvements. We now have a nicely sorted list, and now it’s just a matter of slogging through them.
Some of them will be really big and cool, but for the next little while we’re going to push some of the simpler, bite-size fixes that people have long been asking for. For instance, you can soon expect to see:
- The ability to be notified by Tubmail when you’ve been pranked
- A “Tubmail user about this post” link in Flamebate
- Upon being pranked, seeing a link to the pranker’s profile right then and there
- Search improvements to Flamebate, such as being able to sort by date (!)
- An “ignore user” feature on IDC (sorry Hobart, that ability never did exist for admins, I was just screwing with you)
These fixes may seem somewhat obvious, but when you’re building a site as large and feature-rich as ours, they sometimes get overlooked! So as we focus on these community enhancements, you should gradually see a stream of improvements to the community aspect of Forumwarz, which we consider essential. We’re continually trying to improve the experience for our players, and that’s The Difference Between Forumwarz and All Those Other Crappy Web-Based RPGs™.
Oh, and there’s also a gang-bang of Domination, Forumbuildr and Leaderboard improvements on the horizon. So look out for them! (No seriously, look out for them, they’re really big and they’re right behind you…oh god, look out look out oh shi–!)